27/12/2012

My archived journey to Mozambique - Week #2

DSCF4921

Hello everyone! I haven't done of these in a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig while. So a quick catch up, in December 2010 I went to Mozambique for a month mainly for a family member wedding and my uncle's 50th Birthday. I have already done one post about my journey about my first week [see here] so today I will talk about my second week, that it was a bit more calm than the first.
On the 13th I reckon I just stayed at home, I say this because I have no pictures of that day so probably nothing happened and we just stayed home recovering from the last 4 days. On the 14th of December I finally got to see my grandmother (my father's mom), the last time I saw her was back in 2001. I spent the afternoon with her catching up and gave her some photos of her three great-grandchildren (my brother's kids). It's so hard to have family members that live so far away :(.

 On the 15th we had to wake up reeaaalllyyy early like 5AM because my cousin Deny had to travel to South Africa to buy some stuff for his father's company. So me and my other cousin her husband and their kid joined our cousin Deny for the ride.
So we started our journey pretty early, unfortunately the weather was very crappy, cloudy and sort of rainy. It probably took us like one hour till we reached the country borders, so papers had to be filled in and the we continued our trip. As soon as you cross the borders you immediately notice that you are in a different country haha. The roads are better, the nature around us is denser (like more trees) and greener. Once we reached our destination, Nelspruit, we first went to one of those like department stores that sell like constructions stuff and what not and then we went to a shopping mall and ate some lunch and theeeen the best part of the day and the reason we went to South Africa was to go to Kruger National Park! If you don't know Kruger Park is basically like going to the Zoo but in a Safari way, basically you go with your one car and be face to face with the animals. We saw some elephants, impalas, baboons, hyenas, that place is huuuuge! It was so much fun and I hope I can go there one day again and take more pictures, I was quite unlucky because my battery started to get weak and I didn't take any backup batteries :/ baahhh.
After than we went home, once we reached the country's border again we had to go and show our passports and one thing that it didn't crossed my mind was that I had to pay for my Visa again :o! So another like €70 I payed, well actually my cousins' did >.<. Once we got home we were very hungry and very tired.

PicMonkey Collage_1

PicMonkey Collage_2

DSCF4999

DSCF5029

DSCF5021

DSCF5032

DSCF5046

DSCF5043

DSCF5052

On the 16th I can't remember what happened, either I stayed at home or I met up with a cousin of mine from my mother's side.

The 17th of December is the day that unfortunately remember has the day that I "died". Basically at night I went out with a bunch of my cousin's to some night clubs, we went dancing and what not and of course some drinks were also involved but something went wrong for me... well let's just says, word of advice... don´t mix drinks.... the night didn't end right for me, I don't know what time it was when things went south, but went we leaving the club Havana the sky was brightening up so possibly 5AMish... anyways once I got home, I crashed and burned lol.

The next day I spent aaaalllll day in bed, in the afternoon my cousin came to visit me and mocked me a bit (a lot) and later that day I discovered that I had to go to another wedding oohh nnnooooo! No wait, backup, my uncles said that we were going out to have dinner at another family member's house but they didn't tell that we were first stopping at a wedding. OH Dear Lord. So I went with skinny jeans and a black top with my black cardigan and possibly my wedge sandals and then once we arrived there and I see that it's a wedding I was like *poker face* *face palm* -__-. We stayed for a bit and then we went for the family dinner.
PicMonkey Collage_3

On the 19th was my cousin's husband birthday. On that same day my uncle that owns a company was a having Football matches at his house with his employees. It was quite a fun day and of course lots of food involved lol.
PicMonkey Collage_4

PicMonkey Collage_5

PicMonkey Collage_6
And that it's me dancing with my uncle on the bottom left picture.
So that is it for my second week in Mozambique. Hopefully it won't take me that long to do another one of these, there are at least 3 more posts. Hope you guys liked it.

YOUTUBE  TWITTER  BLOGLOVIN'  FACEBOOK  TUMBLR  G PLUS
These pictures were taken and belong to Me/Karen U..

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/NiaLangley1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I really do appreciate.
If you are leaving me a comment PLEASE leave a link TO YOUR BLOG if you have one, so that I can reply and pay you a visit aswell.
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...